Friday, September 5, 2008

Kids need love and encouragement!

I am a substitute teacher. Today I subbed in kindergarten. I overheard two boys talking. One said, "My dad and mom were fighting, and my dad gave my mom a black eye." The other one responded, "My grandma died from AIDS." It grieves my heart to see children suffer from problems and trauma at home. It grieves my heart to know that children are exposed to harsh things. I want to touch children with love and encouragement. I want children to know that God loves them. I want them to know that God has a good plan for their life. I want them to know that God offers forgiveness and salvation in Jesus. I want to help them be grounded in God's Word so they will be able to respond to the trials of life with trust in God and a peaceful heart.

No comments: