Monday, August 18, 2008

God's Word is understandable for children

I am a Sunday School teacher for a class of second-graders. Verses 9 and 10 of Colossians 3 were part of our lesson yesterday about Stephen and those who told lies about him. It was satisfying to read those verses from The B-I-B-L-E and have the children understand and discuss their meaning. A fellow teacher came to me afterward and raved about how great it was to read those verses from The B-I-B-L-E. His third-graders listened with rapt attention.
"Do not tell lies. You have a new life now. Sin is not the ruler of your life anymore. You stopped doing bad things. You have a new life now. Your old self wanted to do bad things. But your old self is not the boss anymore. You have a new self now. Jesus made your new self. He gave you a new life. Keep on learning to know Jesus better and better. Keep on wanting to be more and more like Jesus" (Colossians 3:9-10, The B-I-B-L-E).

No comments: