Friday, August 22, 2008

Running the race of life

Men and women go through a grueling training regimen to prepare themselves for the Olympics. They train really hard, often disregarding injuries and handicaps. They try to eliminate all interferences. They totally focus on winning the race. We should be just as diligent in the race of life. We should focus on pleasing God and growing to know him better and better. We should allow God to mold and perfect us and make us more and more like Jesus.
"I am not perfect. But I keep on trying very hard. I used to be far away from God. I did bad things. But I am trying to forget about those bad things. I am trying to be more and more like Jesus. I am trying my hardest. Life is like a race. I am like a runner in the race. I want to make God happy. I want to do what is right my whole life. Then God will give me a prize. Jesus died on the cross for my sins. So God will give me eternal life. I will live with God in heaven forever. That will be a wonderful prize!" (Philippians 3:13-14, The B-I-B-L-E).

No comments: