Friday, August 15, 2008

"We already know that story!"

I am meeting with children's pastors these days to make them aware of The B-I-B-L-E. One pastor said, "This is great! Kids say to us, 'We already know that story.' Now we can give them access to other parts of the Bible." That is one of my motivations in preparing the biblical text in language and style that children can understand. If our curriculum just includes Bible stories, then our children are missing out on a wealth of important teaching from God's Word. For example, Nehemiah is valuable for teaching children how to deal with problems. Psalms is important for teaching children how to pray. And now I am excitedly working on Proverbs and Romans. I long to have children able to understand God's Word when they are still little. I long to see them reading God's Word on their own as they learn to read. I hope you share that passion!

No comments: