Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Despair? No way! Focus on God's love!

There's a great song in Brazil: The peace in my heart is not because everything is going well for me. I have peace in my heart because I love God and he is faithful. I do not focus on the circumstances, no, no, no. I focus on God's love. I do not live my life according to what I can see. And that is why I'm happy!
We all face problems and difficulties. It is important to deal with them in the right way. We need to teach and model for our children the right way to react to difficulties. God's Word tells us how:
"Sometimes you will have problems. Sometimes bad things will happen. Do not get upset. Do not worry. No way! You should have a happy heart. A problem gives you a chance to trust in God. A problem is like a test. Do you really love God? You need to keep on knowing God better and better. You need to keep on trusting God more and more. Problems help you grow. Problems help you get stronger. You will have problems. Do not get upset. Do not worry. Keep on trusting in God. Then you will do what is right. Then you will be patient. Then you will be ready for good things. Then you will be ready for bad things. Then you will be ready for anything" (James 1:2-4, The B-I-B-L-E).

No comments: