Monday, July 28, 2008

Remember to peel the banana!


An Indian man once said, "Reading the Bible in a language I don't understand well is like eating a banana with the peeling on. Reading the Bible in my language is like taking the peeling off. Now I like to read the Bible. These are good words!"

I am getting comments from children who say they love The B-I-B-L-E. They say that it is easy to understand. For them, it is like eating a banana with the peeling off. Why should they have to eat the banana with the peeling on? God's words should speak to our heart.

"God gives us rules to obey. Those words are just right. They help us stop being sad. God tells us what he wants us to do. Those words are just right. They help us be happy. Those words are easy to understand. They help us know how to live. God is awesome. We need to respect him. God’s rules are true. They are fair. God’s words are better than anything. They are better than gold. They are better than even the best gold. Honey is very sweet. But God’s words are sweeter than that. They are better than even the best honey" (Psalm 19:7-10, The B-I-B-L-E).

No comments: