Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trust in God, and fight for what is right!

Nehemiah is one of my favorite books. Nehemiah faced opposition and criticism from every side. The book tells the story of how he dealt with each problem with perseverance and integrity. By nurturing a team effort, Nehemiah helped the people accomplish what seemed to be an impossible task. Nehemiah 4:14 is one of my favorite verses:

"Then I stopped to think about what was going on. I told the leaders to come to me. I told the people to come to me. I wanted to talk to them. I said, “Do not be scared! Do not be scared of the people who want to hurt us! Remember that God is with us! God is super strong! God is awesome! Fight to keep your family safe! Fight to keep your home safe! Fight to keep your friends safe!” (Nehemiah 4:14, The B-I-B-L-E).

When you think about the negative influences that continually bombard us and our children, it is easy to understand this verse. We should not be scared in the face of problems. We should have complete trust in God. We must remember that God is all-powerful. We must do everything possible to help children follow God faithfully!

No comments: